NURSING AND MIDWIFERY SERVICES DIVISION
To oversee the provision of quality Nursing and Midwifery services in the Country.
- To enhance quality of Nursing and Midwifery services at all levels provided by both public and private sectors.
- To provide strategic technical advice to the Government on Nursing and Midwifery services within the health care system;
- To promote evidence based and standardize nursing and midwifery practice.
- To develop collaborative partnership with key stakeholders at National, Regional and International levels: and
- To coordinate in-service professional development training for nursing and midwifery.
The Division will be led by a Director and will have two (2) Sections as follows: -
- Quality Improvement Section; and
220.127.116.11.1 Quality Improvement Section
The section will perform the following activities: -
- Develop/Review clinical nursing and midwifery services guidelines standards, protocols, indicators and monitor their implementation and application:
- Develop system of planning, monitoring and evaluating performance of quality assurance in nursing and midwifery practice at all levels of health care;
- Collaborate with other heads of divisions, regulatory bodies, associations and other key stakeholders on issues pertaining to improving the quality of nursing and midwifery care.
- Coordinate and conduct mentorship and supportive supervision to improve quality in nursing and midwifery services;
- Liaise with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMT)
- with regards to quality improvement in Nursing and Midwifery health care services;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation plans to identify strengths and gaps in improving the quality of nursing and midwifery services;
- Coordinate all midwifery activities to improve the quality of care in maternal, neonatal and child health;
- Coordinate all nursing and midwifery activities pertaining to infection prevention and control for health quality assurance;
- Coordinate and conduct clinical audits to improve the quality of nursing and midwifery services;
- Enhance capacity building and career development for nurses and midwives in line with services provision;
- Ensure the application of even distribution during posting of nurses and midwives at all levels of services provision;
- Identify Nursing and midwifery training needs countrywide.
- according to services provision needs.
This Section will be led by Assistant Director.
18.104.22.168.2 Clinical Services Section:
The Section will perform the following activities: -
- Develop and review protocols for appropriate service provision according to strategies, policy guidelines and standards to ensure smooth running of clinical services;
- Develop monitoring tools clinical services;
- Facilitate provision of technical support of clinical administration and management country wide;
- Liaise with heads of other departments on issues related to clinical management and its requirements;
- Coordinate availability of appropriate infrastructure, human resource, medical and non-medical equipment’s, supplies, commodities and medicines to ensure smooth running of services at different levels of care and different sites of health service provision;
- Facilitate and conduct supportive supervision and evaluate quality of care at country wide
- Facilitate quarterly and annual evaluation meetings on nursing and midwifery services to the Regional Nursing Officer; and
- Liaise with other authorities at national and regional levels in identification and selection of nursing and midwifery leaders.
This Section will be led by an Assistant Director.