To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services for the Ministry.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Advise the Management on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics managements;
- Monitor adherence to procurement process and procedures as per Public Procurement Act;
- Develop an annual Procurement Plan for the Ministry;
- Procure, maintain and manage supplies, materials and services to support the logistical requirements of the Ministry;
- Maintain and monitor distribution of office supplies and materials;
- Maintain and update inventory of goods, supplies and materials;
- Provide Secretariat services to the Tender Board as per Public Procurement Act;
- Set specifications/standards for goods and services procured and monitor adherence to them to ensure value for money; and
- Prepare action plan, progress reports and budget for the Unit.