Clinical Service Section(This Section Led under Assistant Director)
This Section Will Perform The Following Activities
- Develops and review protocols for appropriate services provision according to strategies ,policy guidelines and standards to ensure smooth running and clinical services.
- Develop monitoring tools for clinical practice in the country
- Facilitate provision of technical support of clinical administration and management country wide.
- Liaise with heads of other departments on issues related to clinical management and its's requirements.
- Coordinate availability of appropriate infrastructure , human resource , medical and non medical equipment's , supplies , commodities and medicines to ensure smooth running of services at different levels of care and different sites of health service provision.
- Facilitate and conduct supportive supervision and evaluate the quality of care at country wide.
- Facilitate quarterly and annual evaluation meetings on nursing and midwifery services to the Regional Nursing Officer
- Liaise with other authorities at national and regional levels in identification and selection of nursing and midwifery leaders
Nursing And Midwifery Division
- To oversee the provision of quality of quality nursing and midwifery services in the country
- TO enhance quality of nursing and midwifery services at all levels provided by both public and private sectors.
- To provide strategic technical advice to the Government on nursing and midwifery services within the health care system.
- To promote evidence based and standardized nursing and midwifery practice
- To develop collaborative partnership with key stakeholders at National , Regional and International levels.
- To coordinate in-service professional development training for nursing and midwifery
- The Division will be led by Director and will have two(2) Sections as follows:-
- Quality Improvement Section
- Clinical service section
Quality Improvement Section
The Section will perform the following activities :-
Develop/Review clinical nursing and midwifery services guidelines standards , protocols , indicators and monitor their implementation and application.